[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk crashes my router!?

Nick Bachmann asterisk at not-real.org
Thu Dec 2 13:01:38 MST 2004

Sean Cook wrote:

>Sounds like it is time for a different router... There are a few routers
>out there with buggy nat engines... they are fine when you are doing
>typical nat, but if you are trying to do 1:1 nat... get a good router or

I've been very happy with Netopia 3386-ENTs.

>make a BSD box to use as a router.  I would highly recommend
>http://m0n0.ch/wall for a great do it yourself router

This was so funny that I had to share it:
"m0n0wall is probably *the first UNIX system that has its boot-time
configuration done with PHP*, rather than the usual shell scripts, and
that has *the entire system configuration stored in XML format*."

There's an excellent reason they're the first: those are both such
unbelieveably terrible ideas, especially the PHP init scripts.

I would reccomend IPCop, because their designers are a little more....
grounded.

Nick