[Asterisk-Users] Sipura Blind Transfer - Help

Tim Thompson tthompson at sustain.net
Thu Dec 2 10:22:42 MST 2004

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20cmd%20Transfer

Asterisk supports blind (unattended) transfer (on SIP, MGCP and H.323) by
pressing # if Asterisk is in the media path, i.e. the Dial() statement has a
t or T in it, or if canreinvite has been set to no.
Such a transfer sets the channel varaiable TRANSFER_CONTEXT so when a
#transfer is executed it uses ${TRANSFER_CONTEXT} from transferree else from
transferer
else it acts as always, disregarding any transfer context.

This means you have to have something to the effect of the following in your
configuration.

#zapata.conf

<snip>
Canreinvite=no
Transfer=yes
<snip>

#Extensions.conf
exten => 100,1,Dial(IAX2/sustain04,15,Tt)

then if you call extension 100 from another phone, the caller or the Callee
can transfer the call.

To do this, it usually just takes hitting the "*" key on the phone.  It
should place the caller on hold and then give you a dialtone.

You can dial the number or extension you want to transfer the call to.  If
you want to do a "blind" transfer, just hang up the phone and the caller
will be transferred.  If you want to do an "announced" transfer, then talk
to the other person and then push the "*" button or the "flash" button or
tap the hangup toggle thingy. Then hang up the phone.

It is very much like doing a 3-way call from a home telephone if you have
ever done that using Bell.

Good luck.

tim