[Asterisk-Users] zaptel and low ring voltage

Ryan Courtnage ryan-lists at voxbox.ca
Thu Dec 2 08:45:09 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-12 at 19:56 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
> Ryan Courtnage wrote:
>
> > zaptel/* will not detect the ringing on a line.  (The call will
> > ring through to telco voicemail).
>
> > Any other ideas or experiences?
>
> Is the telco voicemail the only evidence you have that this is
> happening, or have you "seen" it happen?

Well, that's a good question.  Due to the circumstances, we've had to
take the client's word that that this is indeed happening, and that it
_never_ occurred prior to displacing their Nortel KSU (which was using
the exact same 4 lines).

Given that, I need to arm myself with knowledge and theories prior to
going onsite.

Thanks for your feedback
Ryan