[Asterisk-Users] One way audio

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Dec 2 06:27:38 MST 2004

> I want to know if someone from you did have (or have) this problem: from
> time to  time, doesn't matter which asterisk version I use (I mean I had
> stable and CVS on this computer during the last 9 monthes and today a
> CVS from last week is running), called party have no audio. This happend
> only with SIP. I'm using G729 from digium on a SMP machine, kernel-2.4.26.
>
> Any hint welcome.

Taking an educated guess based on experience/postings from the last
year or so, I'd say roughly 90% of the one-way audio issues relate
back to some form of nat/firewall box (or software) that never is
mentioned in postings such as yours. (Given you mentioned g729, its
likely you're trying to use sip across dsl broadband.)

If you have a nat/firewall function between * and the sip phone,
look there first. In followup posts, you might mention how your stuff
is configured and include appropriate portions of your sip.conf.