[Asterisk-Users] Polycom IP500

Andrei (MPI) asterisk at markovprocesses.com
Wed Dec 1 15:30:21 MST 2004

Hi Chris,

First of all,  you need to configure ftp or tftp and watch syslog
closely - what the phone is looking for at boot time. You would need to
put config files into (t)ftp directory, named according to MAC address
of you phone. XML and Web is really weird - they do not even share same
config data. For example, I had to change address of SNTP server (clock)
and it still was showing as 'clock' on Web admin page for the phone. I
will email you the config files I got from a good fellow from this list
not so long ago...  and those config files do really help!

Also, I suggest that you upgrade your SIP firmware if you have not done
it yet. I got the Polycom 500 with firmware which was very old and
incapable to work with asterisk. Mine is 1.3.1 now
(http://www.freedomphones.net/polycom/files/).

If anyone has SIP firmware 1.3.4 - please make it downloadable somewhere
on the internet?

Thank you,
Andrei