[Asterisk-Users] chan-sccp problem, phone is not registering

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Wed Dec 1 12:18:23 MST 2004

Hi list!

I get the idea that I am missing something basic. My Cisco 7940 seems to
be auto registering fine when I use built-in skinny that comes with * but
when I use chan_sccp I only get errors that the phone is sending packes
with registering first.

Firstly about installing chan_sccp. I installed asterisk through the gentoo
ebuild for it, that's working fine.

To compile chan_sccp I downloaded the asterisk 1.0.2 source and unpacked
it in /tmp as a result I now have a dir /tmp-asterisk-1.0.2
This is only the root of the sources, there are no binaries there since I
didn't use the tarball to install asterisk and also I did not run any
./configure Make or whatever script/

Then I download chan_sccp and untar it so I have /tmp/chan_sccp now.

I edited the Makefile to show: ASTERISK_SOURCE=/tmp/asterisk-1.0.2

The output of make & make install:
chan_sccp # make
Now compiling .... chan_sccp.c          709 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_actions.c       743 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_channel.c       279 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_device.c        642 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_line.c          61 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_helper.c        70 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_pbx.c           574 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_cli.c           375 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_softkeys.c      225 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_sched.c         75 lines
Now compiling .... sccp_socket.c        315 lines
Linking chan_sccp.so

chan_sccp # make install
Now Installing chan_sccp.so
Chan_sccp is now installed
Remember to disable chan_skinny by adding the following
line to /etc/asterisk/modules.conf:
noload => chan_skinny.so

Is the output of compile correct? How can I verify the compile went ok?

Is there any way I could debug or log all the communication between the
phone and chan_sccp (all the communication back and forth to see why the
phone is not registering?

I already checked my config file, I think they are correct and I did
specify no load in modules for the appropriate modules (skinny/chan_sccp):

this is my skinny.conf:
[general]
port = 2000             ; Port to bind to, default tcp/2000
bindaddr = 10.10.0.1    ; Address to bind to
dateFormat = M-D-Y      ; M,D,Y in any order (5 chars max)
keepAlive = 120

[z4040]
device=SEP000000000000 (number anonimized)
nat=0
callerid="z4040" <105>
callwaiting=0
mailbox=199