[Asterisk-Users] Sveasoft Alchemy QOS

George Burt george at trueshot.com
Wed Dec 1 10:48:43 MST 2004

I just bought two new Linksys WRT54G routers.  Sveasoft has loaded Linux on
this router and included a bunch of Linux tools, one of which is Bandwidth
Management.  The QoS aspect of this is supposed to be much more granular
than the previous solution (Wonder Shaper).

I have not been able to find any suggestions for how to impliment QoS
(Bandwidth Management) using the web interface of Alchemy.  Do any of you
have experience or ideas on this?

Failing specific experience, which ports should I give high priority to?  Do
I need to give any IP high priority other than my Asterisk server?  My Linux
box's only purpose is to run Asterisk, so could I not simply say "any thing
that comes from this IP box is highest priority."

Thanks,

George