[Asterisk-Users] Getting started with Asterisk

Aldo Bergamini aab.lists at nb-a.com
Wed Dec 1 10:11:30 MST 2004

asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com is believed to have said:

>Hello ,
>

>I'll just started with asterisk and I would liket to to dial between your
>two phones with to cisco ATA 186 , but I have a problem
>

>The two cisco ATA and the server in the same networks and i have the ring in
>the phone but i'am not able to place a call
>
>Between the twe phone .
>

>In attachement the sip.conf and a log file
>

>Any suggestement .
>

>Regards
>

>RAbii

Rabii,

I can't help as this is the same problem I have with the very same sample
configurations.
Here I am using the OSX install of Asterisk (with an older release).

What I saw poking around is that on the server machine at port 5060, if I
try peeking in with telnet, nobody is listening.

So either the two configs (sip.conf and extensions.conf) are not enough
or some configuration info in some other file is messing up.

What is the minimum set of configuration files needed to operate a SIP
only Asterisk setup?

TIA
Aldo