[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on a notebook

Wed Dec 1 10:01:04 MST 2004

Steven Critchfield wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 14:17 +0100, Philipp Ebneter wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> I've got a (maybe stupid) question:
>> I'd like to install Asterisk on my notebook (just to play around with
>> it). Is my internal phone modem equivalent to an FXO port? Hence,
>> could I make phonecalls to my pots-line with it?
>>

> I'm CCing you so you are more likely to read the message this time.
> Did you need to repost EXACTLY the message you sent yesterday? One other
> person and I gave you an answer YESTERDAY. Did you just not read it or
> are you bone headed and unable to accept that you probably can't use the
> modem as a FXO device.

Hi Steven,
I did not want to sent it twice - actually, I sent THIS thread first,
but it did not appear on the list (as we know by now, it just got stuck
somewhere).
So, being a low-brow sap, I assumed that I had used the wrong
sender-mail account and I resent it... -  the second time without any
problems. As a result of this misery (and as you kindly pointed out),
this question appears twice in the list, which actually does not attest
me a broad mind.

But nevertheless, thanks to this inauspicious accident, I got some more
helpful information from the mailinglist-participants.

take it easy
philipp