[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk without D-Channel possible?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Dec 1 09:29:29 MST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Steve Underwood wrote:

> Peter Svensson wrote:
> >Maybe he has NFAS (Non Facility Associated Signalling) where the D channel
> >on one of the BRI lines handles the signalling for the B channles on all 4
> >BRIs.
> >
> I think NFAS would be a pretty unusual thing for BRI. However, he said
> he has *no* D-channel. With NFAS he would have at least one.

I agree. But the alternative to NFAS and that they ment that not all spans
had a D channel would be even more strange. There would not even be any
gain in the number of channels if using inband signalling on a bri. The D
channel is too narrow to use as an additional voice channel.

I guess the original poster will have to get more technical details from
his provider.

Peter