[Asterisk-Users] NOTICE[507921]: app_dial.c:742 dial_exec:Unableto create channel of type 'Zap'

U. Abdullah Sheikh ghalman at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 08:46:01 MST 2004

Hi Adamson,

Thanks for such a comprehensive answers. Below is some more data for your
feedback. I tried all, but it is still not working.

Any comments and advise based on below data?

0. The System is in Singapore.

1. I have an X100P Generic Clone Card bought over from eBay.

2. lspci output:

00:0e.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN
interface
        Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 0003
        I/O ports at ec00
        Memory at ef001000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

3. lsmod output:

Module                  Size  Used by
wcfxo                  12448  0
zaptel                241028  1 wcfxo
crc_ccitt               1985  1 zaptel

4. /usr/sbin/zaptel/zttool output: I see the output below:

Zaptel Tool (C)2002 Linux Support Services, Inc.

                          âââââââââââââââââââââ⤠Zapata Telephony
Interfaces âââââââââââââââââââââââ
                          â     Alarms          Span
                          â     OK              Generic Clone Board 1
                    â  â
                    â  â

         ââââââââââââââââââ⤠Generic Clone Board 1 ââââââââââââââââââââ
         â                                                            â
         â                                                            â
         â    Current Alarms:     No alarms.                          â
         â    Sync Source:        Internally clocked                  â
         â    IRQ Misses:               0                             â
         â    Bipolar Viol:             0                             â

         â    Tx/Rx Levels:         0/  0                             â
         â    Total/Conf/Act:       1/  1/  0                         â

Span 1: 1 total channels, 1 configured                      F1=Details
F10=Quit

5. the show modules from asterisk CLI ... output below:

chan_zap.so               Zapata Telephony w/PRI                   0

6. Zapata config is pasted below:

[channels]
relaxdtmf=yes
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
immediate=yes
context=bell
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
channel => 1

thanks& regards

----Original Message Follows----
From: Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com>

Would you tell us what country this system is in?

The zap show channels should look something like:
phoenix*CLI> zap show channels
  Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
  pseudo          inbound-bus-x10 en         default
       1          inbound-bus     en         default
and the 'zap show channel 1' should fill your cli screen with relevent
data. So, yes you have a problem with the zap channel, but with the
data included in your posting there isn't enough info to point to  an
exact cause.

 >From the linux command line, do a 'lspci' and look for something that
says "Tiger Jet". If you don't see something related to the x100p, then
your system isn't recognizing the x100p. (I'm assuming this _is_ a
digium x100p and not one of the knockoffs.)

 >From the linux command line, do a 'cat /proc/interrupts' and look for
the x100p driver (wcfxo if memory serves correctly). Is it there?

Change directory to /usr/src/zaptel and do a './zttool' from the
command line. Do you see the x100p listed?

 >From the linux command line, do a 'lsmod'. Is the wcfxo and zaptel
drivers listed? Does the zaptel entry have a [wcfxo] to the right
side of the line?

 >From an asterisk cli, do a 'show modules'. Do you see something like:
chan_zap.so               Zapata Telephony w/PRI

If you see acceptable entries for all of the above, then it would
appear something is very wrong with your /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
file. Don't know what, but could be spaces inserted where there
shouldn't be, control characters embedded that can't be seen, or
whatever. Worst case, rename that file and create a new one ensuring
all entries are entered correctly.

Rich

------------------------
> [...]
 > telco.
 >
 > ------------------------
 >  > Hi Asterisk-ians!
 >  >
 >  > Need all of your help. I am stuck with this issue for last few days. I
 > have
 >  > one X100P installed in my system. My Asterisk is registered with
another
 >  > Asterisk Server/SIP provider as client and the call is successfully
 > received
 >  > by my Asterisk server (named as starwars).
 >  >
 >  > Now, the extentions.conf file states, the incoming INTO * should go
out
 >  > fxo as below:
 >  >
 >  > exten => s,1,Dial(Zap/1/403142142)
 >  > exten => s,2,Dial(Zap/1/403132663)
 >  > exten => s,3,hangup
 >  >
 >  > whereas other file config is as below:
 >  >
 >  > zapata.conf
 >  > [channels]
 >  > relaxdtmf=yes
 >  > callwaiting=yes
 >  > callwaitingcallerid=yes
 >  > threewaycalling=yes
 >  > transfer=yes
 >  > cancallforward=yes
 >  > usecallerid=yes
 >  > echocancel=yes
 >  > echocancelwhenbridged=yes
 >  > rxgain=0.0
 >  > txgain=0.0
 >  > immediate=yes
 >  > context=bell
 >  > signalling=fxs_ks
 >  > callerid=asreceived
 >  > channel => 1
 >  >
 >  > zaptel
 >  >
 >  > fxsks=1
 >  > loadzone=us
 >  > defaultzone=us
 >  >
 >  > sip.conf
 >  > register => 7062210:9211:7062210 at 192.168.7.16
 >  >
 >  > [MyService]
 >  > type=peer
 >  > username=7062210
 >  > fromuser=7062210
 >  > secret=9211
 >  > host=192.168.7.16
 >  > context=incoming
 >  > fromdomain=sipdom.inf
 >  > nat=no
 >  > canreinvite=no
 >  > dtmfmode=inband
 >  >
 >  >
 >  > so whenever the call comes in from service provider's asterisk to my
 >  > starwars asterisk, I get the error messages captured below:
 >  >
 >  >
 >  > starwars*CLI> sip show registry
 >  > Host                            Username       Refresh State
 >  > 192.168.7.16:5060               7062210            105 Registered
 >  >     -- Executing Dial("SIP/192.168.7.14-085a4790", "Zap/1/67742142")
in
 > new
 >  > stack
 >  > Nov 30 01:41:52 NOTICE[507921]: app_dial.c:742 dial_exec: Unable to
 > create
 >  > channel of type 'Zap'
 >  >   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
 >  >     -- Executing Dial("SIP/192.168.7.14-085a4790", "Zap/1/61002663")
in
 > new
 >  > stack
 >  > Nov 30 01:41:52 NOTICE[507921]: app_dial.c:742 dial_exec: Unable to
 > create
 >  > channel of type 'Zap'
 >  >   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
 >  >     -- Executing Hangup("SIP/192.168.7.14-085a4790", "") in new stack
 >  >   == Spawn extension (incoming, s, 3) exited non-zero on
 >  > 'SIP/192.168.7.14-085a4790'
 >  >     -- Executing Dial("SIP/192.168.7.14-085a4790", "Zap/1/67742142")
in
 > new
 >  > stack
 >  > Nov 30 01:41:52 NOTICE[524305]: app_dial.c:742 dial_exec: Unable to
 > create
 >  > channel of type 'Zap'
 >  >   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
 >  >     -- Executing Dial("SIP/192.168.7.14-085a4790", "Zap/1/61002663")
in
 > new
 >  > stack
 >  > Nov 30 01:41:52 NOTICE[524305]: app_dial.c:742 dial_exec: Unable to
 > create
 >  > channel of type 'Zap'
 >  >   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
 >  >     -- Executing Hangup("SIP/192.168.7.14-085a4790", "") in new stack
 >  >   == Spawn extension (incoming, s, 3) exited non-zero on
 >  > 'SIP/192.168.7.14-085a4790'
 >  >
 >  >
 >  > please note the output of the following commands:
 >  >
 >  > starwars*CLI> zap show channels
 >  >    Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 >  > pseudo            default                    default
 >  >
 >  > starwars*CLI> zap show channel 1
 >  > Unable to find given channel 1
 >  >
 >  > starwars*CLI> sip show registry
 >  > Host                            Username       Refresh State
 >  > 192.168.7.16:5060               7062210            105 Registered
 >  >
 >  > starwars*CLI> sip show peers
 >  > Name/username    Host            Dyn Nat ACL Mask             Port
 >  > Status
 >  > MyService/7062210  192.168.7.16                255.255.255.255  5060
 >  > Unmonitored

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: