[Asterisk-Users] PRI litmus test

Enoch Root enokhroot at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 07:00:31 MST 2004

Hi all,

I'm diagnosing a problem related to PRI card.  I would
like to know the following: assuming I've got a
working PRI card and correctly installed Linux drivers
and a PRI line connected to the card, even without
starting asterisk, shouldn't I hear a ring tone when I
dial the number?  I'm getting busy tone all the time.

I'm thinking the patch cable I made may be causing
this.  The problem is that I've got a 2 wire PRI line
connected to an HDSL modem (which has a DB15
interface) and modem is then connected to a Siemens
PBX.  I made a DB15->RJ45 cable according to some
pinout schemes I found on the net, so that I could
connect PRI line coming out of modem the digium card.
It would be cool if someone could point out how to
make such a cable and point out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.