[Asterisk-Users] Unable to open IAX timing interface: No such file or directory

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Wed Dec 1 05:01:40 MST 2004

Peter Svensson wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Dave Cotton wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 12:07 +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>>

>>>What I found on voip-info.org was that I didn't have a working timer -
>>>and I had to load ztdummy module. So I did (modprobe ztdummy), started
>>>asterisk again, but I'm still getting the same error.
>>
>>Had you actually compiled zaptel?  Had you un-commented ztdummy? Had you
>>done lsmod to see if zaptel and ztdummy where loaded?
>

> Have you checked the permissions on /dev/zap/* ? Are the device nodes
> created properly?

OK, this was the issue.

As I had no /dev/zap directory, I guess the nodes were not created
during "make install" of zaptel. Isn't it zaptel issue that should be
corrected?

So I had to mkdir /dev/zap

and then:

mknod /dev/zap/ctl c 196 0
mknod /dev/zap/channel c 196 254
mknod /dev/zap/pseudo c 196 255

corrected the situation.

Thanks for the hint! :)

So the only issue left I have is with this skinny not found when 0.0.0.0
is set in skinny.conf

Tomek