[Asterisk-Users] Unable to open IAX timing interface: No such file or directory

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Wed Dec 1 04:07:58 MST 2004

Patrick wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 11:26 +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>chan_iax.c:7507 load_module: Unable to open IAX timing interface: No
>>such file or directory
>>What does it mean? Is it something to worry about? How to get rid of it?
>

> For these and many other basic questions first search google:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alists.digium.com+Unable+to+open
> +IAX+timing then search voip-info.org and maybe then ask on the mailing
> list.

yes I did.
What I found on voip-info.org was that I didn't have a working timer -
and I had to load ztdummy module. So I did (modprobe ztdummy), started
asterisk again, but I'm still getting the same error.

On lists.digium.com most of posts with the same warnings don't have any
answers (on two google pages when searching for "Unable to open IAX
timing interface" site:lists.digium.com).

Tomek