[Asterisk-Users] Unable to open IAX timing interface: No such file or directory

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Wed Dec 1 03:24:53 MST 2004

Hello,

I just compiled and started Asterisk 1.0.2 following "Getting Started
With Asterisk Version 0.1a" from http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm

I made only one change to default config files - I changed from using
oss to alsa.
I don't have any devices so far.

I started asterisk from the command line:

# asterisk -vc

and I got this warning (this was also before I changed from oss to alsa):

res_musiconhold.c:564 moh_register: Unable to open pseudo channel for
timing... Sound may be choppy.

What does it mean? Is it something to worry about? How to get rid of it?

Tomek