[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk codecs and packet size

Luis Vazquez luis at teledata.com.uy
Tue Aug 31 16:32:40 MST 2004

Does anybody knows if it's posible or if there is some develoment in
course to be able to use longer transmit packet sizes (as long as I know
this is fixed in 20ms now) with the compressed voip codecs in asterisk
(g729, g726, gsm, etc).
I need to use asterisk to connect remote sip clients with 24kb bandwidth
lines and I'm using a licences g729 codec but because I can't increase
the packet size to 40 or 60 ms in asterisk the connection is useless.
Thanks very much
Luis