[Asterisk-Users] Losing voice on Digium demo server - how to spot problem ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Tue Aug 31 10:51:32 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to get Asterisk working on P4 2.8 server behind NAT and Firewall
(all ports we're set according to instructions) on DSL line.

When pbx connects to Digium demo server( I'm located in Slovenia, Europe),
it gets first few words, then silence and then comes back when enumerating
dial possibilities ("4 for accounting ...). Same happens from SIP or IAX
local extension.

I guess this is network problem, but would kindly ask for guidance for what
measures should I take and what seetings are first to try to avoid this
problems. I have another server running at my home on dialup line (28.8kbps)
and it connects to digium without problems, so I'm little suspicious being
only network traffic problem.

Thanks in advance for your effort,

regards,

Robert.