[Asterisk-Users] multiple lines with SIP like MGCP?

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Tue Aug 31 10:43:54 MST 2004

The HT486 is a single-line device with a PSTN pass-thru. The only multiline
IADs I know of are the SIPURAs and the Cisco ATA-186...

What you do is you create 2 contexts, 1 for each line of the device and you
set the host name to the IP address (or host name if applicable) of the IAD.
Set the username of each context to the line's respective extension in
Asterisk. Then in the web setup for the IAD, there should be a place to put
the username for each line as well as the password... I have not tried this
but it should work, SIP is not IP/MAC based it's more like SMTP, it's user
based...

  -Chris