[Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse Connect DTMF with IAX2

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Tue Aug 31 07:15:02 MST 2004

Here's my iax.conf and extensions.conf (I have not yet made the "recent"
changes they just emailed about a day ago, this is twice in a two month
period, jeesh)  I have tested inbound and outbound dtmf. I use the g.711
codec and use inband.

iax.conf
[general]
port=5036
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
context=incoming
;iaxcompat=yes          ; Set iaxcompat to yes if you plan to use
layered switches.
                        ; It incurs a small performance hit to enable it.
delayreject=yes         ; For increased security against brute force
password attacks.
                        ; Enabling this will delay the sending of
authentication
                        ; reject for REGREQ or AUTHREP if there is a
password.
amaflags=documentation  ; global default AMA flag for iaxtel calls.
These flags
                        ; are used in the generation of call detail records.
;accountcode=1          ; default account for Call Detail Records in
addition
                        ; to specifying on a per-user basis.
language=en             ; Global default language for users.
                        ; If omitted, will fallback to english
bandwidth=high          ; Specify bandwidth of low, medium, or high to
                        ; control which codecs are used in general.
allow=all               ; Which codecs to allow, same as bandwidth=high
disallow=g723.1         ; Hm...  Proprietary, don't use it...
disallow=lpc10          ; Icky sound quality...  Mr. Roboto.

; You can adjust several parameters relating to the jitter buffer.
; The jitter buffer's function is to compensate for varying network delay.
; All the jitter buffer settings except dropcount are in milliseconds.
; The jitter buffer works for INCOMING audio - the outbound audio
; will be dejittered by the jitter buffer at the other end.
;
jitterbuffer=no         ; Whether you want the jitter buffer at all.
;dropcount=2            ; The jitter buffer is sized such that no more
than "dropcount"
                        ; frames would have been "too late" over the
last 2 seconds.
                        ; Set to a small number.  "3" represents 1.5% of
frames dropped
;maxjitterbuffer=500    ; A maximum size for the jitter buffer. Setting
a reasonable maximum
                        ; here will prevent the call delay from rising
to silly values in
                        ; extreme situations.
;maxexcessbuffer=80     ; If conditions improve after a period of high
jitter, the jitter buffer
                        ; can end up bigger than necessary.  If it ends
up more than
                        ; "maxexcessbuffer" bigger than needed, Asterisk
will start gradually
                        ; decreasing the amount of jitter buffering.
;minexcessbuffer=80     ; Sets a desired mimimum amount of headroom in
the jitter buffer.
                        ; If Asterisk has less headroom than this, then
it will start gradually
                        ; increasing the amount of jitter buffering.
;jittershrinkrate=1     ; When the jitter buffer is being gradually
shrunk (or enlarged),
                        ; how many millisecs shall we take off per 20ms
frame received?
                        ; Use a small number, or you will be able to
hear it changing.
                        ; An example: if you set this to 2, then the
jitter buffer size will
                        ; change by 100 millisec per second.
;trunkfreq=20           ; How frequently to send trunk msgs (in ms)
authdebug=no            ; You can disable authentication debugging to reduce
                        ; the amount of debugging traffic.
tos=lowdelay            ; You can set values for your TOS bits to help
improve performance.
                        ; Can be lowdelay, throughput, reliability,
mincost or none.
;mailboxdetail=yes      ; If  set to "yes", the user receives the actual
                        ; new/old message counts, not just a yes/no as to
                        ; whether they have messages.

register => in-xxx##XxX#X:xXx##Xxx##@gw5.voicepulse.com

; ### PROVIDERS ###

[voicepulse]    ; For inbound
context=VPWS
type=user
host=gw5.voicepulse.com
accountcode=1

[vpconnect-t01] ; For outbound
type=peer
secret=xXx##Xxx##
host=gwiaxt01.voicepulse.com
auth=md5
qualify=yes
accountcode=1

[vpconnect-t02] ; Outbound backup
type=peer
secret=xXx##Xxx##
host=gwiaxt02.voicepulse.com
auth=md5
qualify=yes
accountcode=1

extensions.conf
[VPWS]
; All Inbound Voicepulse DID numbers go here
; From here it is distributed to the propper place

;; - Some Company -
exten => 1235551212,1,Goto(company,1235551212,1)

[company]
; Local
exten => _NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/xxx##XxX#X at vpconnect-t01/1304${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Dial(IAX2/xxx##XxX#X at vpconnect-t02/1304${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXXXXX,3,Congestion

exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/xxx##XxX#X at vpconnect-t01/1${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(IAX2/xxx##XxX#X at vpconnect-t02/1${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,3,Congestion

; Long Distance
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/xxx##XxX#X at vpconnect-t01/${EXTEN})
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,2,Dial(IAX2/xxx##XxX#X at vpconnect-t02/${EXTEN})
exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,3,Congestion

exten => 1235551212,1,Dial(SIP/whoever)