[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 SIP

slwatts at winckworths.co.uk slwatts at winckworths.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 01:44:15 MST 2004

I too have been playing with the cisco 7940's. I am guessing, as they only
have two line appearence keys they are only able to handle two lines.
However  they appear to be able to handle 4 simultaneous calls (two per
line key). If you assign two different numbers, one to each key then you
can only have two simultaneous calls per number.

I am running firmware V7.02

I guess that cisco figure if you need to handle more calls/lines you will
either buy their 7960 or 7914 add on module.

Has anyone figured out how to 'hide' the second line appearence. I wish to
setup an intercom line but have to assign it a slightly different no. I
dont want this line to be selectable from the phone,

Sam

Brian Pavane <asterisk-users at brianpavane.org> wrote on 27/08/2004
20:20:15:

> Chris,
>
> I have reached the same situation that you have, and not been able to
have more
> than 2 inbound calls into a Cisco SIP phone.  It also appears that if
you are on
> "Line 1" with a call, and an inbound call comes in, it goes to "Line 2"
instead
> of being the second call on "Line 1".
>
> -Brian
>
> Christopher L. Wade wrote:
>
> > Hi again,
> >
> > I know I asked a similar question earlier this week/last week.  But in

> > that email, I forgot to mention, even though I'm sure it was assumed,
> > that I'm using the SIP image on the phones.
> >
> > My question, as stated last time, is just how many *incoming* calls
can
> > the 7940 have?  I've had 4 outgoing calls at once, I've had 2 incoming

> > and 2 outgoing.  But no matter what I do, I cannot receiving more than
2
> > incoming calls.  Is this the limit of the 7940?
> >
> > My configuration, right now, is to have both line buttons assigned to
> > the same extension, thus allowing one incoming and one outgoing per
line
> > button.
> >
> > Thanks for the help,
> > Chris

--------------
Winckworth Sherwood Solicitors and Parliamentary Agents
DX 148400 WESTMINSTER 5 : 35 Great Peter Street, London SW1P 3LR
Telephone 020 7593 5000 Fax 020 7593 5099

-Confidentiality-
This email message and any attachments are confidential; they may be subject to legal professional privilege and are intended for the named recipient only. If you are not the named recipient, please return the message and enclosures immediately and delete them from your system.

-Caution-
Before advice received only by email (whether by attachment or otherwise) may be relied on, the authenticity of the communication must be verified by means independent of email.

-Regulation-
The firm is regulated by the Law Society.

-Partners-
A list of partners is available for inspection at each office of the firm and on the firm's website at http://www.winckworths.co.uk