[Asterisk-Users] number of simultaneous calls with E&M

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Mon Aug 30 16:44:00 MST 2004

I'm not certain I understand your question, however: If you have one four
wire E&M trunk interface then you can only handle one call over it at a
time. E&M is a handshaking protocol, not a multiplexing protocol (such as
the protocols used by T1 circuits, which give 24 channels on one pair).

Hope that helps.

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator
Sunshine Coast Regional District