[Asterisk-Users] Delays while playing a message

Alex Zarubin ZAlex at Webley.COM
Mon Aug 30 16:29:36 MST 2004

Hello,

1-2 sec pauses happen while * plays (streams) messages/prompts. We get
reports about that from users and experience it ourselves randomly.
Cannot reproduce it for debugging though, so need to figure out some other ways to fix it.

1. It's not silence recorded within or pauses between audio files
2. It's not load related - can happen with no load at all
3. We use decent boxes - dual 3.2GHz, 2 Gb RAM, RH9 2.4.22 #4 SMP
	2 TE410P (with SMP affinity), PRI
4. It happens on PRI calls
5. Asterisk compiled with ZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS
6. zttest output:
	--- Results after 84 passes ---
	Best: 100.000000 -- Worst: 99.987793

Questions:
1. Can we ask to explain how buffer underrun is implemented? We could not figure it out
	by looking at file.c and zaptel with ZAPTEL_OPTIMIZATIONS.
2. Which asterisk parameters/configuration vars could help? Any suggestions on Linux
	configuration (IO related or any other)?

Thank you.

Alex Zarubin
Webley Systems