[Asterisk-Users] Still unacceptable echo on X101P

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Mon Aug 30 14:19:31 MST 2004

Brent Franks [mwless at mindworks.net] wrote:
> > > I don't have echo problems on my X100P (at home) but that won't stop
> > > me from dumping it in favour of a Sipura SPA-3000 next month, once it
> > > gets full UK support in firmware (caller ID etc.).
> > >
> It may not be a big deal, but other considerations are:
>
> There is another box to manager.

Apart from it being physically in a separate box, I don't see the
management problem.  You'd configure it once and forget about it,
which is what you'd do with a X100P or TDM/FXO;  You'd only re-visit
the config if you want to tweak something, which is nothing out of
the ordinary.

> Another box to battery backup.

You can plug it into the same UPS as your Asterisk server.  Again,
I don't see the problem.  Having each Sipura on a separate UPS would
be a bit of an overkill.  As they don't draw a lot of power, you could
have a bunch of them on a single power strip and plugged into a single
socket on the UPS.

> Another box to fail.

A failure would kill one FXO and one FXS.  It wouldn't take a server
shutdown, and possibly a complete PBX outage, to replace.  That's a
plus point for the SPA, in my opinion.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz