[Asterisk-Users] IAX.conf problem (NEWBIE ALERT!)

Bill Seddon bill.seddon at lyquidity.com
Mon Aug 30 08:58:50 MST 2004

I too have multiple 3rd party IAX accounts.  My solution has been to have
one section in iax.conf per provider (see the [iaxtel] demo example) and
handle the different numbers as individual extensions in extensions.conf.

In extensions.conf I have one context per IAX provider.  Each context can
then recognise its set of numbers and for each matched number, I Goto() a
context for that number (each number is for a separate company).  In the
more general case, you can just Dial() and extension or Goto() a common
context.

Don't forget that to have register with the provider for incoming calls.
That is, you must have a provider section (eg [iaxtel]) to provide the
connection credentials and you must use the "register" command in the
[general] section of iax.conf.  There will be one registration per provider
account.  For example, if you have 3 voiptalk accounts, you will register
each in the [general] section.

Bill Seddon