[Asterisk-Users] Bridging audio in cmd_dial() before connect completes?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Aug 29 23:44:19 MST 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Kris Boutilier wrote:

> Is it possible to make cmd_dial() bridge the audio going out to the network
> back to the calling party as soon as dial() starts? Put another way, is it
> possible to have the caller hear the outside dialtone and subsequent DTMF
> digits? I notice that there is an option 'r' to dial(), thus:

[snip]

> I ask because I'm using E&M tie lines from a Norstar, via Asterisk and I get
> no audio at all after dial() and before the connect status is reached.

This may not be of any help to you, but this is how asterisk already works
with isdn outgoing lines. The reverse audio path (from the b subscriber to
the a subscriber) is opened as soon as the network indicates that the call
is proceeding.

For analog lines I suspect the audio gets eaten by the channel driver to
prevent the dialing party from getting a decond dialtone in their ear.

Peter