[Asterisk-Users] Still unacceptable echo on X101P

David Cook dbc_asterisk at advan.ca
Sun Aug 29 20:06:52 MST 2004

I am still having unacceptable echo on my X101P and twidling with the
rx/tx gain levels and echo settings appears to have no discernable
effect.

Some questions for those who may have more significant electrical
engineering background than I.

1. This impedance match thing ... will it affect this solution having
other phones in parallel with the X101P? This is done so that I can
test while not having the system pickup/handle all the calls in the
house until I'm ready to launch it.

2. What about the effects of it being downstream from a DSL line filter?

3. If impendance mismatch is the (or a major contributing) factor, can
we not devise some interface circuit which will allow a variable rate
on the impedance so we can "dial out" the echo based on individual line
conditions?

dbc.

--
David Cook