[Asterisk-Users] Sip device not login or register calls to that device go to busy voicemail not un-available

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 29 16:50:22 MST 2004

>From my observation, if a call cannot be successfully placed then execution
goes to n+101.  So for example if a phone is busy then the call can't be
placed (channel can't be created) and you jump tp n+101 which is typically
voicemail busy.  In the case of a phone being offline then the call cannot
be placed and hence the jump to n+101 and again the busy message.

What I did in this situation is have some logic at n+101 that checks
$DIALSTATUS and then takes action as appropriate (In this case forward to
reception, but easy to send to unanswered voicemail instead - specify
unanswered voicemail at line 106)

exten => _123495XX,1,Macro(SetCID,${CALLERID})
exten => _123495XX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:4},16,tr)
exten => _123495XX,3,Voicemail,u${EXTEN:4}
exten => _123495XX,4,Hangup
exten => _123495XX,103,GotoIf($[${DIALSTATUS} = CHANUNAVAIL]?106:104)
exten => _123495XX,104,Voicemail,b${EXTEN:4}
exten => _123495XX,105,Hangup
exten => _123495XX,106,Dial(SIP/9500,20,tr)
exten => _123495XX,107,Voicemail,u9500
exten => _123495XX,108,Hangup
exten => _123495XX,207,Voicemail,b9500
exten => _123495XX,208,Hangup