[Asterisk-Users] not getting ringing/busy/answer feedback on my PRI

Larry Shields LJ.Shields at Verizon.net
Sun Aug 29 13:41:34 MST 2004

I posted a problem earlier thinking it was due to a lack of sound card.
Several members stated that you do not need a sound card to play audio to a
PRI channel.  I did some further testing and discovered that there is a
problem with call progress tones or signaling on my PRI.  I think that the
reason I am not hearing audio from the MeetMe() or Playback() apps. is
because the the calling side of the PRI (NEC IPX), is not seeing the Answer
signal. I believe it is waiting for a ring and/or answer condition even
after Asterisk has executed an Answer() and Playback().

The only other problem that I am having with my setup is that the
CONSOLE/DSP is not functional... I am not sure if the two problems are
related.  Any help is appreciated.  Please see my two examples below:

Unless my incoming DID (2000),  is pointed to a SIP station that is
registered and functional, I do not receive call progress tones on inbound
calls.

If I point the DID to an application like:

 [inbound_pri]
; PRI from the NEAX2400

exten => 2000,1,Wait,3
exten => 2000,2,Answer
exten => 2000,3,MeetMe,|Mps
exten => 2000,4,Hangup

I will not hear any initial ringback, and once answered there will be no
audio on the channel.

If I point the DID to a registered SIP station like:

[inbound_pri]
; PRI from the NEAX2400

exten => 2000,1,Wait,3
exten => 2000,2,Dial,SIP/2001,15,Tr
exten => 2000,Hangup

It will provide ringback tone to the calling channel on the PRI, and when
the ringing SIP phone answers there will be 2-way speech path.