[Asterisk-Users] IAXy Power in Australia?

Duane duane at e164.org
Sun Aug 29 03:29:19 MST 2004

Roy Eddleston wrote:
> Jeremy
>
> Don't bother looking for a PSU with a lower current rating,  The IAXy
> like any electrical device is designed to run at a particular voltage
> and consumes a certain amount of power (W) at that voltage.

My comment was based on opinions of others that have posted to this list
stating the PSU that shipped was 900mA or was it only 800... in any case
most devices are rated with a maximum amount of amp needed, not the
minimum, devices usually don't draw a constant amount of amp, it varies
depending if it's actually doing work or not, and since most of the time
this device will most likely be idle (ie not in a phone call) it's
unlikely to draw the maximum current most of the time...

On the other hand if the device design has changed and the requirement
for current has also change then it's possible later models won't
require the same amount of amps, this can be due to refinement of design
to be more efficient and require less power or any other number of
reasons...

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
	I only try to dance better than myself."