[Asterisk-Users] "7" Dialing gives a busy signal

Don Moskaluk dmoskaluk at ica.net
Fri Aug 27 18:14:24 MST 2004

Here is my extensions.conf....

Thanks Don

;Don't forget to fetch the 'Asterisk Handbook' from www.asterisk.org!

;Read through it at least once before editing this file.

;the general 'context' is used to define some global variables for asterisk.

[general]

;these lines prevent you from rewriting the extensions.conf from the CLI

;we don't really recommend you try to do so, it's safer to edit the

;extensions.conf and run 'reload' at the CLI (which will not drop calls)

static=yes

writeprotect=no

;the dialout context can be included in contexts which should have access

;to an outside line

;This extension match matches dialing '9' from the phone on the FXS to

;the outside line.

[dialout]

;first step is to strip the 9 from the call, and not send it to Ma Bell.

;in short, stripmsd will strip the number of digits specified from the

;beginning of the dialed string. It will move on to the next priority

;in the new extension (i.e. _9NXXXXXX became _NXXXXXX when we stripped

;the '9' For a bit more info do 'show application stripmsd' from the

;asterisk CLI

;extension matches are preceeded by an underscore. other chars are either

;absolute digits or 'N' (for any number greater than 1) or 'X' (for any

;number

exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1

;Then send the call out the FXO card to our incoming POTS line.

;BYEXTENSION is a special target we can send extension matches to.

;It will send the whole matching string as dialed.

exten => _NXXXXXX,2,Dial,Zap/4/BYEXTENSION

[home]

include => mailboxes

;set a music on hold class so we can play music for our callers when we park

;or transfer them.

exten => s,1,setmusiconhold,default

;set a response timeout so we can terminate the call or recycle the caller

;through the menu if they don't answer our voice prompts

exten => s,2,responsetimeout,20

;ring our zaptel channel 1 device for 20 seconds (the fxs interface, of
course)

exten => s,3,Dial,Zap/1|20

;if nobody answers tell them how to use the voicemail system.

exten => s,4,Playback,thanks

exten => i,1,hangup

[mailboxes]

exten => 100,1,Voicemail,100

exten => 100,2,Hangup

exten => 101,1,Voicemail,101

exten => 101,2,Voicemail,

[bell]

;ignorepat will recieve the digit, but continue the dialtone. Most useful

;here. It has to be in the starting context of the incoming channel

ignorepat => 9

;include makes available all of the extensions in the included

;context in the context the include statement is placed in. In this case we

;grant access to dial out over the POTS to internal callers. We could
probably

;skip this (since we only have one extenal line an incoming calers are

;already tying it up and place the extensions in here in this case, but

;this is a good habit to be in.

include => dialout

;enable call parking and retrieval (see asterisk handbook>application
reference

;>call parking, or 'show application parkedcalls' in the Asterisk CLI)

include => parkedcalls

;of course we need to be able to check our voicemail!

exten => 6,1,Goto,home|s|1

exten => 8,1,VoicemailMain

exten => 8,2,Hangup

;and this little routine I add for recording the initial message. You should

;probably tell the user how to get to the voicemail boxes set up. No default

;audio file is supplied. You will have to use this to record a message

;or asterisk will hangup on the caller when it can't find the file.

exten => 7,1,Record,thanks:gsm

exten => 7,2,Wait,1

exten => 7,3,Playback,thanks

Don Moskaluk