[Asterisk-Users] Help with a fax via Grandstream Handytone 286?

Shawn Parker shawn.parker at cumulus.com
Fri Aug 27 09:59:55 MST 2004

I have an analog Fax machine which I wish to connect to the network and
the Asterisk server.  It will connect through a GS Handytone 286
converter and then into the LAN.  Is there any information out there on
what I need to write in *sip.conf* and/or *extensions.conf* to make sure
the fax works as a fax?

Channel 8 on my T1 is a reserved, dedicated line for the fax number.  Do
I need to create a special group in *zapata.conf* for the fax, or I can
just have the fax extension dial only channel 8?  I assume the latter,
but I don't know if it will actually work.

So far, I've managed to get the system up and running and working with
the phones.  But my limited knowledge is making it difficult to
configure more advanced features.  I have re-read the wiki numerous
times trying to figure things out...sometimes it helps and sometimes it
doesn't.

Cheers,

--
Shawn Parker