[Asterisk-Users] questions and recommendations

Mark Phillips kc2eni at nyc-ares.org
Fri Aug 27 08:31:40 MST 2004

Hi Yawl,

After about 6 months of prattting about I've convinced my boss that we
should be installing * into our currently under constuction Data Center in
Somerset NJ. There will be 10 permanent people and DR space for another
50.

My plan is as follows;

ATAComm dual XEON server with quad T1 board. A handfull of ATA's for fax
machines, job lot of X-Pro softphones for the DR bit, Polycom IP
conference phone and a bunch of SNOM 200 phones for the permanent staff.

Connection to the main office will be via SIP to a Cisco router we already
have connected to the main office Lucent PBX.

Does this sound like a runner? Comments please.

Also,  I'm having a problem trying to work out how to configure a group
pickup line. I know I can add the "pickupgroup" line in sip.conf but that
only allows me to do *8 when someone elses phone rings. What I want to do
is have a button on every member phone that lights up when line 5 rings.
Then if the call is for Fred rather than me, Fred can press the line 5
button and take the call. This is working on our Lucent currently

Thanks folks.

--
Mark Phillips, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ