[Asterisk-Users] Problems dialing out with T100P and Adtran

Shawn Parker shawn.parker at cumulus.com
Fri Aug 27 07:15:22 MST 2004

I have a T100P card connected to an Adtran and then a T1.

I have added the following configurations to Asterisk...but, when I dial
9 and then a local phone number, it bounces between the dial tone and
silence and the *error* light on the Adtran blinks.

zaptel.conf

span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
fxsks=1-8
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

zapata.conf

[channels]
context=from-sip
signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=2
txgain=2
group=1
channel => 1-7

extensions.conf

[from-sip]
ignorepat => 9
exten => _9NXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _91XXXNXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})

; generic phone extension
exten => 1001,1,Dial(SIP/1001,20)
exten => 1001,2,VoiceMail(u1001)
exten => 1001,102,VoiceMail(b1001)
exten => 1001,103,Hangu

sip.conf

[1001]
type=friend
username=1001
fromuser=1001
callerid=User Name <1001>
host=dynamic
nat=yes
canreinvite=yes
dtmfmode=info
mailbox=1001 at default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
context=from-sip
secret=1001

I am using Grandstream BT101 phones, plugged into my LAN.  I can dial
extension/phone to extension/phone in the office just fine.  But, when I
dial *9* to get out, nothing happens.  I don't get the dial tone back
after I dial 9, and if I dial 9 and the number and send the call...the
server runs through what looks like a connection to a Zap channel...I
don't get any noticable erros...but the call never makes it out.  Once,
I dialed the number again, while the Adtran was flashing erros and the
dial tone was going in and out and it rang my cell phone...but then
immediately hung up and closed out the call?

I'm new to Asterisk...any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Shawn Parker
Network Administrator