[Asterisk-Users] 'set verbose 3' or other way to get '-vvv' level debugging out of running background asterisk?

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Fri Aug 27 02:20:56 MST 2004

I'm having a dialplan problem on one host where trunks get pinned up
flapping between 't' and 'i' states and start eating lots and lots of CPU
(loadavg > 4.00). I haven't been able to pin down the problem reading
through extensions.conf and test calls haven't caught it yet either.
Unfortunatly the offending trunks are FXO immediate start DID trunks so
subsequent callers are falling into an essentially dead link. Not all trunks
go out at once which makes me think it's got to be a user-generated fault.

I'd like to be able to connect to the running asterisk, issue 'set verbose
3' as is documented in the wiki and get '-vvv' style real time state
information - but 'set verbose' doesn't appear to do anything when I'm
connected using 'asterisk -r'. Should it work the way I'm anticipating in
'CVS-HEAD-08/13/04'?

Alternatly, how would I go about configuring things so the '-vvv' style
state information is collected into a file from the backgrounded Asterisk?
That way I could at least do a post-mortem on the dialplan logic after it
next goes off to the races.

Thanks.

Kris Boutilier
Information Systems Coordinator