[Asterisk-Users] Advice on BT ISDN Services (UK)

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 01:08:14 MST 2004

Linus Surguy wrote:
> This isnt actually at all correct, we certainly have a
> Business Highway line in PTP mode with MSN! (Although you are
> right in that this is the default)

Ah, BT, don't you just love them. Speak to three people and get four
answers.

I have just spoken to the ISDN support team and this is what they say today:

Home Highway - Only available in PTMP with no MSNs
Business Highway - Only available in PTMP with up to 8 MSNs
ISDN2e - Available in PTMP with up to 8 MSNs or PTP with as many DDIs as you
want

The engineer I spoke to swore blind that you cannot have a line in PTP mode
*and* have MSNs on it - they are completely incompatible.

Like I said, you've got to love them!

Ho hum.

Nick Barnes
Senior IT Consultant.