[Asterisk-Users] PLC (Packet loss cancel) questions

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Thu Aug 26 19:12:59 MST 2004

On 27 Aug 2004 at 2:33, Kevin Walsh wrote:

> Jorge Verastegui G [jorge at redcetus.com] wrote:
> > I've been using VoIP over a not so reliable net: I usually
> > get a 5% to 10% packet loss and a very high jitter. I tried
> > several codecs and parameters, and the only thing left to
> > test is PLC (Packet Loss Cancellement).
> >
> There is no packet loss concealment in Asterisk at this time.

Why doesn't asterisk clock to the 1000 interrupts per second instead
of the incoming audio?  Were there no interrupts available when it
started?  Even if you had no card you could use the ztdummy module
and even though that might be off by a bit, surely it'd sound better
than a connection which is experiencing packet loss?

How much work would be required to change this?  I guess it couldn't
really be an option because of the totally different structure...

Would it be possible for one person to make those changes or would it
require the authors of all modules to recode?

Matt Riddell

(www.sineapps.com)