[Asterisk-Users] Polycom non-IP phones

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Thu Aug 26 18:51:32 MST 2004

Kevin Walsh wrote:

> You mean FXS, not FXO.  If the phone is an analogue device that you
> can plug into an ordinary PSTN line then you can plug it into a FXS port,
> connected to Asterisk, and expect it to work there.

Yeah, FXS was what I meant heheh :)

Actually, the client has been badgering me to get one of those "digital"
phones typically associated with proprietary PBXes, like the
multi-button multi-function ones Panasonic/NEC makes. I don't suppose I
could use those could I?

If I'm not mistaken, they have some sort of proprietary signalling
between the phone and the PBX. So if this is the case then I can't hook
it up to Asterisk.

Flynn