[Asterisk-Users] Closing bug reports without fixing the repor ted problem

Rob Wise robwise at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 17:06:23 MST 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:17:43 +0200 (CEST), Peter Svensson
<psvasterisk at psv.nu> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Steve Hanselman wrote:
>
> > I agree with this, a system that has x bugs still has x bugs even if you
> > close them, I think they should be closed by houskeeping if they can't be
> > reproduced and the person that reported them can't provide a way to
> > replicate, but they shouldn't be closed because nobody has fixed them for a
> > while.
> >
> > This seems to be the case on a number of entries.
>
> Perhaps the trigger-happiness is related to the upcoming 1.0 release? If
> this is the case (pure speculation) perhaps a new state "closed pending
> 1.0" for bugs that will not be addressed until after 1.0 can be added?

Thats possible I guess, but if it is the case it should be made clear
by the bug system admins, and I am quite dissapointed that none of
them have responded to this thread.

So what is the way forward from here?  The problem still exists, and
there is no open bug report, so logic would seem to dictate that a new
one should be opened.  I could even copy and paste the details from
the old report to save time.  Is this what people want?

Rob