[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk mysql database

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Aug 26 16:38:33 MST 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:29:29 -0400, Jeremy Kenney wrote
> I would like to configure asterisk to run complete out of mysql everything
> from extensions to voicemail has this been implemented yet and how
> kind of problems have their been

     There are several ways to do it, but no easy one.  I do store all
information on Mysql for extensions, sip, voicemail and iax, but I then have
to extract that information to create a text file which is then read by
asterisk using the #include directive from the main config files.  The only
thing that is read directly from Mysql is the voicemail config.

     There is a problem when you use Mysql for VM, the DIRECTORY application
does not work.  Apart from that everything is working but you will have to do
your own interface to add/delete/modify information.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología