[Asterisk-Users] <<< AGI and EXEC function CONFIRMATION >>>

jeff quade jjq90 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 08:11:40 MST 2004

Clayton/group--

Thanks for the quick response...
I think we may be on a different wavelength on the "queue problem," though.

I cant get the following "native" agi commands to Return ***BEFORE*** a user
response-- which makes sense-- because these commands want to return with
the response DATA.

Stream File
Get Data

By the looks of your code fragment--- I think you are getting a return only
***AFTER*** a user presses a Key to generate DTMF or a timeout, yes? (please
advise)

If not-- Ill have another look at phpagi, which provides my interface to the
AGI API.

My particular problem lies in the fact that any Dialplan Application (ie:
Background) launched through the native ***EXEC*** agi command seems to
block until after the audio segment plays completely-- which prevents the
"queueing" functionality provided by the Background application.

Im still tinkering with this... but thought someone might have some more
insight.

Thanks again!
Cheers-
JJQ