[Asterisk-Users] need help with zaptel.

Johannes van Hulst Han.vanHulst at Terra.com.br
Thu Aug 26 08:04:08 MST 2004

Edward, I Forgot to tell you take a look at README.udev in the zaptel
directory.

Fedora core 2 use udev and you have to make some rules in the /etc/udev

Else he will not find the devices /dev/zap/*

Han

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Johannes van
Hulst
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 9:53 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] need help with zaptel.

Edward,

I had the same problem I am running fedora core 2 with a 2.6.8-1.521 kernel
at it is working now perfect.

Craig wrote the following :

I have had success with this using both the X100p (wcfxs and wcfxo) and
TE410p (wct4xxp) under Redhat FC2 2.6.5.  The instructions are on the wiki,
do the following:

ln -s /lib/modules/2.6.5-1.358/build linux-2.6

cd zaptel

make clean

make linux26

make install

I made my softlink to /usr/src/linux-2.6.8-1.521 after that the compiling of
Zaptel is working perfectly but you get the inserting module error. After
that I changed the softlink to /lib/modules/2.8.9-1.521/build and now
everything is working perfectly.

But don´t forget to recompile zaptel after changing the softlink

Han

  _____