[Asterisk-Users] spandsp and certain (e.g. Canon) fax machines

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Aug 26 06:38:53 MST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 23:50, Steve Underwood wrote:
> Several people have reported problems sending faxes from spandsp-0.0.1k
> to Canon FAX machines. A spandsp user had the same problem with another
> make of FAX machine, and traced the problem to a bug in the file t30.c
> of spandsp. Line 542 says s->t4.rx_file[0] where it should say
> s->t4.tx_file[0]. This fixes his problem, and I suspect it will also fix
> the Canon fax machine problem. Can someone having problems with Canon
> machines try this change, and tell me the result?

I will give this a shot shortly.  I still get spandsp segfaulting the odd time
so I need to set up a secondary asterisk box to prevent such problems.  I've
already posted to the list about that particular problem, it's not something
as simple as the wrong copy of libtiff or anything.  :-)

Just FYI; we have a Canon IR3300 fax/copier/scanner big badass unit (over 3mil
copies and going...)

-A.