[Asterisk-Users] Re: Noise on ZAP channel

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Aug 26 05:32:00 MST 2004

In article <ECOWS02MDjCSDAmwtyL00033dbe at smtp-out2.blueyonder.co.uk>,
Matt <matt at powderdays.com> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Thanks, that's better, but there is still a faint buzzing in the background.

[X100P on BT line]

The X100P is poorly impedance-matched to UK phone lines, so will never
work very well. The impedance matching is fixed in the hardware, so
can't be configured by the software.

The FXO modules for the TDM400P (e.g. TDM01B) have software-configurable
impedance setting and I believe the zaptel code includes the settings
for UK lines. So they should work much better, but I haven't tried one.

Unfortunately, Telappliant don't seem to stock those yet, so you would
have to order from the US.

Cheers
Tony
--