[Asterisk-Users] Noise on ZAP channel

Matt matt at powderdays.com
Thu Aug 26 04:21:19 MST 2004

I've been strugling with this for two days now and I'm making no progress at
all.  (I've checked been all over the WIKI and google).

The issue is :
I've installed a Digium X100P into my * box,
configured it to call out over my BT analog line,
every call I make is horribly noisy,
there is a background hum on the line which sounds electrical.

To troubleshoot
I've plugged an analog line directly into the BT line there is no noise.
I've * onto a brand spanking new machine incase it was the PSU in the PC
causing the grief in the old machine, but still no luck.

The PC is a P4 with 256MB of RAM and IDE drives. It's doing nothing except
handle one SIP endpoint - which is a cisco 7960G.  Codec is ulaw.

Cat /proc/interpupts gives:
           CPU0
  0:     155092          XT-PIC  timer
  1:          4          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  3:          0          XT-PIC  ehci_hcd
  5:    1510338          XT-PIC  wcfxo
  7:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:      14783          XT-PIC  eth0
 10:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci
 11:          0          XT-PIC  usb-uhci
 12:          7          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
 14:       4597          XT-PIC  ide0
 15:          0          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

Here is the relevant part of /etc/zapatel.conf

fxsls=1
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk

Here is the /etc/asterisk/zapatel.conf