[Asterisk-Users] Parallel T1 cable?

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Thu Aug 26 00:22:33 MST 2004

el Flynn wrote:

> Basically somehow I'd split the incoming T1 line into two parallel lines
> and connect them to two * servers.

I found some hardware that allows you to do this, instead of hacking the
T1 cable (which may lead to an impedance mismatch, from what I've been
told). They're made by GL communications and I've put it up on the Wiki
at http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Failover+switches

They basically make T1/E1 multiport repeaters. The single version
provides ten identical outputs from a single T1/E1 input. The dual
version provides four outputs for each of two inputs. So you could use
this to connect one or two T1/E1 to multiple Asterisk servers (where one
server would of course not be running Asterisk until the other server is
dead)

Just wanted this to get on the archives in case anyone else gets into
the same situation as I did.

Cheers,
Flynn