[Asterisk-Users] GrandStream HT-486 ATA as VoIP Gateway

Tobias Jönsson asterisk at tobiasjonsson.se
Wed Aug 25 23:54:31 MST 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Miroslav Nachev wrote:

> Can I use HT-486 as VoIP Gateway together with Asterisk? Are there any
> success experiences?

I have one and it works quite well. Its echo cancelling is too good :),
resulting in a feel of half duplex audio, and the router thrughput is
aweful (they are just 10 Mbps Ethernet ports and the thrughput is about 2
Mbps). There are some bugs that the grandstream people do not seem to care
about, for example you cannot send DTMF tones when you receive a call -
only when you are the caller. It also just provides American indication
tones which could be quite confusing to europeans.

--
Regards,
Tobias Jönsson, Lund SE