[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive Ring Cadences

matt.riddell at sineapps.com matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Wed Aug 25 17:39:49 MST 2004

On 25 Aug 2004 at 21:34, Nicolas Gudino wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 20:38, Chris Shaw wrote:
> > Cool! I could see this being very useful, for example you could have
> > an IVR that says something like "Please set the priority of your
> > call, 1 for urgent, 2 for normal or 3 for low" then if 1,
> > bellcore-r4, if 2 bellcore-r3, if 1 bellcore-r1!
>
> What for? People will always hit 1 <g>

That's why you kinda need to make it an after call thing.

LOL you could even use it in a queue...

I.E. caller id starts with rating of 50 (max 100, min 0)

After call press 1 for annoying, 2 for useful

Then every time you press 1 their rating goes down...which could
cause the queue priority to be higher...so if someone calls in with a
rating of 25 and someone else with 75 you answer the 75 first!  :-)

Matt