[Asterisk-Users] Faxing with SPANDSP or any other mean ? Is it possible ? Am I dreaming ?

Jean-François Rousseau jrousseau at sys-tech.net
Wed Aug 25 16:49:00 MST 2004

Hi , does anybody have successfully received a full fax with spandsp ? I
keep having only about a quarter of the page and then the other part is
garbage. Does anybody have any solution for this ?

Right now I've tried:

FAX ---> IAXy ---> ASTERISK ---> SPANDSP

And

FAX ---> PSTN ---> X100P --> ASTERISK ---> SPANDSP

And both don't work, they give me only part of the page

BTW, I also tried the fax on a local lan over an IAXy or on the PSTN with an
X100P. Is there something I should know about faxing and theses two
interfaces ?

I also tried to Fax thru asterisk and it didn't work either   FAX ----> IAXy
---> ASTERISK ---> X100P ---> PSTN ---> FAX

Finally my last test: FAX --> IAXy --> ASTERISK --> SIP (Iconnecthere) -->
PSTN --> FAX didn't work too.

Is there something I should know about faxing and Asterisk ? Should I use a
Sipura SIP FXS ?

P.S. I did start the ntp server to make sure timing was ok.

Thanks in advance

Jean-François Rousseau
Sys-Tech
www.sys-tech.net