[Asterisk-Users] 2x HFC ISDN Cards - SuSE 9.1 - Problems with making calls

Marco Czudej czudej78-asterisk at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 25 10:12:17 MST 2004

Hello everyone,

I bought 2 HFC-ISDN Cards and want to run the first
card in NT-Mode an the second one in TE-Mode.

Everything looks ok under SuSE 9.1, but I can't dial
out.

I removed one card, for testing purposes and want to
run this one card in TE-Mode. I only want to make a
call with my Grandstream BT-101 over Asterisk via
ISDN.

When I try to make a call I get:
---------------------
 Executing Dial("SIP/11-3ef2", "Zap/g1/00MY-NUMBER")
in new stack
Aug 25 18:11:00 NOTICE[1117453232]: app_dial.c:727
dial_exec: Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
---------------------

"zap show channels" says:
---------------------
  Chan Extension  Context         Language
MusicOnHold
 pseudo            default
      1            default
      2            default
---------------------

"ztcfg -vvv" tells:
---------------------
Zaptel Configuration
======================

SPAN 1: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 399-533 feet (DSX-1)

Channel map:

Channel 01: Individual Clear channel (Default)
(Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: Individual Clear channel (Default)
(Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: D-channel (Default) (Slaves: 03)

3 channels configured.
---------------------

Only one point in "zttool" I don't really understand:
---------------------
Current Alarms:     No alarms.
 â     â
   â     â    Sync Source:        Internally clocked
               â  a  â
   â     â    IRQ Misses:               0
               â  a  â
   â     â    Bipolar Viol:             0
               â  a  â
   â     â    Tx/Rx Levels:         0/  0
               â  a  â
   â     â    Total/Conf/Act:       3/  3/  0
Conf = configured or conflicted?

I try a "Loop" but nothing happend.
TxA, TxB etc. are empty, too.

Can someone help me? - I really need some sample
configs, too.

Which linux distribution runs smoothest with Asterisk?

Thanks!
Marco Czudej