[Asterisk-Users] Hardware for PBX with 4 incoming/outgoing lines and 20 phones

spectro spectro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 09:57:35 MST 2004

IMHO, If you plan to use analog phones the cheapest is to buy a bunch
of sipuras instead of TDM40B. (TDM40B = 4 FXS for $300, $75 each;
sipura SPA2000 = 2 FXS for $100, $50 each)

Order one TDM04B (4 FXO) and 1 Sipura 2000 for each 2 analog extensions.

You can also mix it up, lets say drop two incoming lines and order a 2
FXS, 2 FXO TDM instead. Then subscribe to a VoIP provider like
Voicepulse Connect to dial-out through IAX.

Use the FXS on the TDM for fax machines and make these the only to
dial-out through the analog outgoing lines.

Of course, I would rather buy some IP phones instead of analog ones through FXS.

For your remote office, depending on the number of extensions, you can
either setup a small asterisk box or just use Sipuras 3000 and 2000
connected to your main office's asterisk server.